Mr. K.D. Stuurman
Director: Community Services
Tel: +27 (0)28 514 8500
The Community Services Directorate consists of the following units:
- Registration and Licensing
- Traffic Law – Enforcement, Safety and Security
- Environmental and Waste Management
- Sports, Arts and Culture
- Parks and Cemetery Services
- To have an attractive, clean, green and healthy environment that will serve as the basis for sustainable economic development and enhance the quality of life for present and future generations.
- To ensure optimal public health for all the inhabitants of the Local Municipality.
- To ensure that Swellendam Municipality is a safe and secure environment for all its employees and citizens.
- To reduce crime levels at the top ten hot spots in the municipal area to the average of that particular area.
- To enhance order to voluntary compliance with road traffic rules in the road network of Swellendam Municipality.
- To conduct a feasibility study on the establishment of a municipal police service.