Last updated: 19/06/2020
DRAFT INTEGRATED ZONING SCHEME BY-LAW: INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT
Notice is hereby given of Council’s intention to adopt and implement the Swellendam Integrated Zoning Scheme By-Law in terms of Section 12(3) (b) of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act, 2000, (Act 32 of 2000) and to thereby give effect to Section 24(1) of the Spatial Planning and Land Use Management Act, 2013 (Act 16 of 2013) and Sections 22, 25(b) and 43(1)(h) of Western Cape Land Use Planning Act, 2014 (Act 3 of 2014). The proposed Integrated Zoning Scheme ByLaw will replace the current Integrated Zoning Scheme Regulations.
The purpose of the By-Law is to regulate the use and development rights and obligations relating to property and to determine the development rules and procedures, and setting out the purposes for which property may be used, and the manner in which it may be developed.
Interested and affected parties are hereby invited to view the draft Integrated Zoning Scheme ByLaw https://www.swellenmun.co.za/draft-integrated-zoning-scheme-law-invitati... and to lodge written comments for consideration.
Comment to reach the undersigned, by no later than 12h00 on 29 May 2020. Queries may be directed to Mr R. Brunings at firstname.lastname@example.org or 028-5148537
The draft By-Law is available for viewing at the following places:
- The Municipal website, at www.swellenmun.co.za
- Swellendam Municipal Offices, 49 Voortrek Street, Swellendam
- Swellendam Public Library, 49 Voortrek Street, Swellendam
- Railton Public Library, Resiesbaan Street, Swellendam
- Buffeljagsrivier Municipal Offices, 5 Arendse Street, Buffeljagsrivier
- Buffeljagsrivier Public Library, 1 Arendse Street, Buffeljagsrivier
- Suurbraak Municipal Offices, Main Road, Suurbraak
- Suurbraak Public Library, Helm Circle, Suurbraak
- Barrydale Municipal Offices, 12 Bain Street, Barrydale
- Barrydale Public Library, 12 Bain Street, Barrydale
Any person who is unable to write and who may wish to make representations regarding the above mentioned matter, may submit comments verbally at the Division Town Planning and Building Control at 13 Lind Street, Swellendam, where he or she will be assisted by Mrs M. Swart to transcribe the input.
A.M. GROENEWALD P.O. Box 20
MUNICIPAL MANAGER SWELLENDAM
Notice S13 /2020